Monday, August 30, 2010

dreaming of interiors


Since we are moving back to our homeland, I have been dreaming of having our own little abode and how the interiors will look like taking into account each member of the family's personality.

It is not gonna happen soon but hey, it's free to dream and there's no harm in putting together images that inspire which hopefully will transpire...

Let me share with you a home from here which I find very inspiring.


A former shipbuilder's warehouse built in 1836, turned into a Manhattan loft.  Isn't it simply divine how this designing couple turned this industrial place into a livable and lived-in home?

I especially like that they retained the wooden columns and beams original to the structure and painted the rest of the house white to widen and enlighten.

And I cannot even begin to describe how I feel about the winch turned into a play area and their son's print-infused room! I love it to bits!

Other things I like:

  1. The graphic damask fabric used for floor-to-ceiling curtains.
  2. The prints and pops of colors used against a flat white canvas.
  3. All the pretty little details that are obviously well thought of. 
Not that we'll find an old shipbuilder's warehouse in Manila and turn it into a loft.. but as I said, it's free to dream.

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all woke up on a happy note to start your day and your week right! 

 (images from marthastewart.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment