An awesomely kid-friendly resort, a day around Krabi and Phi Phi islands, a night at insanely chic SALA, a horrifying-turned-amazing elephant ride, the piquant Thai fare and a whole lot of good fun -- the Phuket holiday that was.
Villa 1403 and Thai coffee
The lovely turquoise interiors at JW Marriot, breakfast at Siam Deli, and an early morning swim
Phi Phi Island, Phi Phi Ley, Maya Bay, and the liquid paradise known as the Andaman Sea
Island Safari, a 45-min (yes 45!!!) elephant ride, baby elephants, and Nhom our mahout
(I was totally smitten with SALA Phuket that I feel it deserves an entry of it's own. Watch out for that!)
So if you ever find yourself in this divine island (and if you happen to have kids in tow), these are our must tries:
- Stay at JW Marriott (whatever it is you may need for an ideal family vacation, they have it covered)
- Thai coffee at Kopi de Phuket
- Jim Thompson (Please don't leave the island without buying anything from here. There are a handful of outlets worth checking out at Canal Village.)
- Koh Phi Phi, Phi Phi Ley, and Maya Bay (you haven't seen Phuket if you haven't taken a dip where Leo Dicaprio did for The Beach 9 years ago)
- Taste at Surin Beach
- The Phuket sunset with a glass of mojito
- Island Safari (you gotta ride these nellies, at least once in your life right?)
I have been awfully quiet of late due to the big move. But I'm slowly gaining momentum one entry at a time. Need to get my groove back this week! If I had a long list of to-dos in Singapore, my to-do's in manic Manila is even looonger.
So far, so good. Hope your Monday got off to a good start too!