Tuesday, September 14, 2010

China

I come here twice a year. This for me, is the unglamorous yet vital side of fashion. After the fashion weeks in Milan, Paris, and New York, this is where it all happens. This place, though far from being a tourist destination, excites me. Strange, isn't it?

Certainly not a place to get inspired, this heady corner of the world sparks the entrepreneurial spirit in me. It may seem unlikely but being there gives me a lot of ideas. Good ideas, mind you. And for that, I'm grateful. I just wish I can speak the language and had the time to explore it more. Oh but the thought of my dear daughter waiting for me back home always make me want to cut my trips short every since I had her.

So here I am, happy to be home. Reunited with my little family and my well-rested laptop.

We were up to our necks with deadlines we set upon ourselves. Not to mention the language barrier and uncooperative weather. Hence, the very few snaps from my weekend. 

 A no fail snack whenever we're here. I don't know what it's called but it's this thin bread with all sorts of fillings.

I honestly don't remember the last time I watched and finished an in-flight movie. Guess what, I watched this one- twice. On the way and coming back. And  did I mention it was in French? L'arnacoeur (Heartbreaker), a must-see if you like anything and everything French, like moi. Oh and Vanessa Paradis, belle du jour, you are to me.

Some of my finds from the trip, most of which for Le Misch.

How's your Tuesday going so far?



2 comments:

  1. mikx i like the native bag of le misch! and the stuffed toys as well hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have it since she only held it for a few minutes and didn't mind it anymore after... I think she prefers oversized shopper totes haha!

    ReplyDelete