Thursday, September 9, 2010

long day (and it's not over yet)

What a long day we had today. My endless list of errands seem to be... endless, still. A trip to the Chinese Embassy, the long queue at ICA, Ikea delivery, curtains for dry cleaning, grocery shopping- just some of the things on my list today. Good thing we don't have to deal with so much red tape (if there is any at all) in this country.

And it's as if not all of that is enough- I gotta start packing. I have a flight to catch in less than 12 hours. I usually enjoy packing for a trip but not this time. I will leave Mischka behind and I know I will sorely miss her. The thought of not being there to cook for her, give her a bath, put her to bed, read to her (among other things) for three whole days, saddens me. I know, I know I may be over reacting...

 On our way out this morning. She tried to be helpful by opening the door herself.

Three days. Three days will fly in China. That I know for sure. And when I come back, though I know my endless list of errands will still be... well, endless, I'll have a pitter patter of small feet and a stress-free hubby to greet me and give me a hug-a-bug-bug. By then we will all be happily packing for our next adventure -- Phuket, we can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment