Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bally's Makeover

I didn't know Bally had a makeover until last week when hubby practically dragged me inside a store in ION, Orchard. I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of pieces that I like. I don't know where I was when Michael Herz and Graeme Fidler took over Brian Atwood's reign as Creative Director of the Swiss brand, but they sure have done a damn great job so far.

Bally S/S 2011 Ad Campaign featuring Constance Jablonski 

And the Bally piece that got me to write this entry is this.
Bally Pina Tote. I want. It also comes in a smaller size (but not in this perfect combination!).




Most of the pieces are reminiscent of Phoebe Philo's for Celine, which is probably why I like them. It's still, nonetheless, refreshing to see the brand going the architectural, minimalist, contemporary route. At least now, I don't just associate it with my mum's shoes circa 1980. 

In other news, our first ever blog giveaway has ended and tabulation should begin soon! I'm just waiting for my little assistant to wake up. Big thanks to all who joined!

3 comments:

  1. can you rig it so i win? lol! :) buy na buy na buy na! hahaha, i remember our "celine" conversation. maybe if these are cheaper....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahha Sarah you're hilarious!! Oh yes, our Celine conversation.. actually these are cheaper than Celine.. but just a tad bit..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happened to notice the green and white bag while I was in Rockwell earlier today. It made me take a second look which has never happened before. This explains it.

    ReplyDelete