Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Vintage Country

I am in constant search for beautiful things even in the most unlikely places. And whenever I come across a pretty discovery, no matter how random it may be, happy as a clam it will make me.

Just recently Le Misch and I stumbled upon The Vintage Country. A shabby-chic, French country vintage-inspired retail shop with a plethora of pretty offerings.

 The yellow and blue bird cage we got for my Mum and she absolutely loved it! Oh and for PHP 550 (USD 12.50) it's a steal!!! They only have 5 pieces of the bird houses and the only one left that time was the equally charming red and blue one.

They will soon offer etiquette workshops for little ladies. Too bad Le Misch is under aged for it.  I heard about tea parties too. I am so loving the concept.

We are going back for that life sized (Mischka's size) Matryoshka doll. I am still in the process of fixing up a room for the little one and that Russian doll would be a nice finishing touch. Uhhmm, you see, I am obsessed with these dolls ever since a trip to Russia 3 years ago, when I brought home right about 10 nesting dolls (or was it 12?) Did I mention, the life sized doll is only PHP 450 (USD 10)? Again-- a steal!!!

A lot of chic painted wrought iron furni and lovely breakable knick-knacks. It's hard to leave this place without buying anything. That is if you happen to have a penchant for vintage-inspired, unique pieces. 


Here are some of the things you'll find at this charming shop.



Vintage Circa 1970's Hanging Chair, PHP 13000 (USD 295)



Teal High Back Chair, PHP 8000 (USD 180)

Vintage Fabric Bulletin Cork Boards, price unavailable

Lucy Vintage-inspired Luggage, price unavailable

Vintage-inspired Necklace, PHP 300 (USD 6)


Now isn't this place worth a trip down south? 

Casa Susana Building
Beside Alabang Town Center 
Madrigal Avenue, Ayala Alabang Muntinlupa
Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment