Thursday, October 7, 2010

The SALA Experience

I've been raving about this place and quite honestly I still think about it. I am simply amazed at the Thais' creativity and flair for design. They don't try too hard and yet they get it. They just do.

From high end fashion brands like Flynow to mid-range Jaspal (not to mention Jaspal Home!) to designer label Stretsis, to boutique hotels like Indigo Pearl and of course my beloved Condé Nast Traveler awardee, SALA. The Thais have yet again outdone themselves.


 THE GATE
 
 THE LOBBY

THE ROOM

THE DAYBED
THE OUTDOOR BATHROOM
(I particularly love the Sino Portuguese patterned tiles. Oh and the chandelier- I want one in my home, though not necessarily the bathroom..)

THE LITTLE DETAILS

THE LUSH GARDEN SURROUNDINGS

THE BEACH FRONT POOL AREA

THE CHIC RESTAURANT

THE SPA

THE WELCOME DRINK

THE COOLING MISTY WALKWAY 
(with my therapist)

THE OVERSIZED TREATMENT VILLA
(There was even a tree inside the tranquil villa)

THE SUNSET


The very chic Sino Portuguese architecture, the beautiful Thai people, the world-class service, and the pampering spa escapade along with these photos pretty much sum up our sublime SALA experience.

Wow, I can't believe the week is also over. Today I have decided to stay home and spend the whole day with Le Misch. Ever since we got back, I have been extremely busy catching up with work and a lot of socials that I'm starting to miss our simple, blissful Singapore life. Makes me wonder, have we really gone home?

2 comments:

  1. I love Sala!! I will visit it:-) too bad i cannot stay, even for a night:-(
    Hmmm mishmashed-mommy, do i hear regret in your tone of going back to good ol' Manila????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello CATwife! No regrets, just longing for and missing my simple laid-back mischmashed life back in SG..

    Go drop by SALA when you're in Phuket. Try their mojitos while looking out the breath taking sunset. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete