Friday, July 23, 2010

Azucar

Still on a high from a pleasurable vacation topped off with a wonderful wedding, I look back and admire the beautiful dresses that went down the aisle last Saturday afternoon. As I mentioned here before, the bride is a designer and it was only fitting that she dressed the whole entourage, most of the guests, and herself of course. She had 3 wedding gowns at her disposal that day. All of which equally beautiful.


She wore 2. I wish I was able to take good photos of them but amidst the heat, the adrenaline of Le Misch's first flower girl walk, and her being fussy (towards the end), I wasn't able to.

But here ar
e my top picks from that day.


the maid of honor


The fit of the dress was impeccable on her. I love the tiers, the color and most of all the handcrafted necklace, which by the way, was done by her.




the bridesmaid


A printed one-shoulder silk chiffon number with minimal bead work but what caught my fancy is the subtle show of skin and again impecca
ble fit.



the flower girl

Of course.

And as to what I wore, it was this exquisite creation of the Sipat sisters, the force behind Azucar. Arleen (the bride) designed the dress and Rov (the maid-of-honor) painstakingly hand beaded the back detail.




This wasn't a made-to-order piece, mind you. It was an off-the-rack purchase for another wedding months back. But I felt it deserved another go, this time around in a more fitting setting.


If you are smitten with Azucar as much as I am, read on this and head to

Azucar
Level 2
Greenbelt 5, Makati City
Philippines










No comments:

Post a Comment