Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mischmash Stylish Mama {May}

Kathy Webb, business owner (Basement Salon), statement jewelry designer, and an amazing mother of 6.
Handmade pendant necklaces. I spent a good couple of hours poring over her pieces. One could easily see the thought process, love, and fine craftsmanship invested in each and every piece.
These, are what you call STATEMENT rings. 
Quirky rings upcycled from telephone wires! 
More on her quirkiness and her penchant for dolls. 
Pretty Olivia came along for the shoot.

Describe your personal style?
I'd have to say it's eclectic. I love keeping up with the trends but I put my own spin on it. My style is a little boho, a little glam hippie, a little punk, and definitely a little rock and roll.


What are you wearing this summer?
Dressing for summer is always fun. I always try to keep things playful and not so serious. Right now I am wearing alot of caftans, long flowing tunics, tissue thin tees, with jeans and denim cut-offs. My accessories are colorful and whimsical.


Closet staples?
Cotton tanks to layer, caftans for the ease and glamour of it, a lot of jersey pieces. They are so easy to wear and oh so flattering!

What is that one piece you can't live without fashion motherhood-wise?
Am liking the jersey jodphurs, that have been out for a while, some fashion magazines have deemed them to be shelved, but I cant live without them.You can wear them with slippers and a tank, or take it to the eve with heels and load-up on accessories, so easy and versatile!

How are you influencing your children's personal styles?
I take them shopping, and give them suggestions on what will work for them and what wont. Thank goodness they actually listen. In general, i ask them to stay away from loud colors and tacky prints. EWW!


Style icons?
I love the look of SJP in Sex and the City. I love the style of DVF, Nicole Richie, Jade Jagger, and Helena Christensen.

Tip or 2 for all mums out there who want to stay stylish amidst all the hullabaloo motherhood brings? Any shopping advice?
First you have to know your style. A style that you are comfortable and confident in. It may be the minimalist look, or over the top, it doesn't matter, as long as you rock your stuff. It's about wearing your look with conviction. I am always on the lookout for unique pieces. I am not particular about where I shop. From department stores to small boutiques to tiangges.

Where do you draw inspiration from for your collections?
I am into recycling big time so everything around me inspires me. Like bottle caps, twigs, shells,and electrical wires. Normal everyday things can become works of art. I am attracted to color, and unique color combinations always catch my eye.

Where can we buy them?
My art is available at TwoChic located at level 2 Power Plant Mall.


___________

She is one superwoman and I am grateful to have met her. In the few times we've been together, I have already made a collection of Kathy Webb statement rings. Next time we see each other, I bet I'd be adding to my growing collection, one of those pretty pendant necklaces.

Thank you Kathy for being such a great inspiration to me and hopefully to mothers who get to read this. I honestly don't know how you do it. Over and beyond motherhood, you have amazing talent and style. I am in awe.

____________

Shot on location at Basement Salon, Power Plant Mall.
Photography by Anthony Co.
Kathy wore a beautiful jersey dress by TwoChic

____________

Click on the Prelude.

4 comments:

  1. the ring you were wearing kanina was from her right? i kept looking at it, so nice! how much are her pieces? they're available in basement shang? loved meeting you kanina, congrats on being the chic mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sarah! its was a pleasure meeting you too! Yes, yes that was a Kathy Webb creation! I'm not sure if she has it in Basement Shang. Visit TwoChic in Rockwell instead. Her stuff are well-priced given the quality and the design. You should definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love her jewelry designs! i think they are so artistic and playful. prices are great too. i have a seed pearl dome ring from her. i also like your blog. will definitely bookmark you!

    ReplyDelete