Thursday, November 18, 2010

You're Your Own Stylist at The Ramp

I once had a silly conversation with hubby about the silent insurgence of closet fashionistas. I found it silly because it might quite possibly be just the most trivial of things for his utterly serious corporate world. On the contrary, hubby was genuinely interested. Could he be a closet fashionista himself? Oh but being the kind hubby that he is, I know it is more than politeness that makes him listen to my random thoughts and musings. I know he was/ is genuinely interested.

I have come to realize that there are a lot of closet fashionistas among us. A lot of us Filipino women (and men included) want to be fashionably stylish but are scared to be so. I am no fashion expert, just a mere fashion-impassioned being. So this is just an observation. One reason for their fear could be the intimidating looks in fashion magazines and horrifying acquisition costs of the pieces used in these pages. Not to mention the reaction they get from the people around them when they start using fashion as a form of self-expression. But that's all there is to it, folks. Fashion is simply a medium for self-expression. It is a kind of Art we can all practice.

All you need is a good dose of confidence and a trip to ta-dah--- THE RAMP Crossings!

A few days ago, I went to The Ramp's Style Soiree. It was great to see and catch up with  familiar faces in the industry. It's been awhile since I last went to a press event. I have forgotten how much I enjoyed such.But marriage + baby happen (extremely grateful!) that I can no longer stay as long and drink as much as I want. Nonetheless, I had a blast.

Shopping started early.

Uber chic Crossings GM, Xandra Padilla giving a few words alongside gorgeous and hilarious host Bianca Valerio.

The Ramp invited top stylists and its celebrity endorser to grace the event and style personal looks from the The Ramp's holiday collection. I personally loved the idea and was so looking forward to seeing the varied looks.

The chosen five.

Pam Quinones. I forgot to tell her how I love her killer leopard pumps. 

Jenni Epperson all garbed up for Fall.

Donna Cuna Pita and her skirt which she cleverly wore the front on the side. 

 Andi Eigenmann, The Ramp Crossings celebrity endorser, in action.

Rosanna Aranaz and her looks, which are my personal favorites.

Pam Quinones' looks. A clever mischmash of prints and textures.

Andi Eigenmann loves layering.

 Jenni Epperson's genius mix of tailored, lace, and sparkles.

Donna Cuna Pita had a stylish family in mind.

Rosanna Aranaz used white and neutrals. A welcome break from all the black.

The Ramp Team, what I wore (Faith Hope Love romper + The Ramp cape + leopard print pumps + bronze necklaces from a flea market in Singapore = an attempt to do a Dries Van Noten-inspired ensemble), and what I took home. I won a coffee table book. Yay!

So there you go, friends. If I haven't yet made my point clear-- take cues from our favorite stylists and be your own. Fashion is fun and can do wonders. Even my dear hubby can attest to that.

Closet fashionistas-- UNITE! Come visit The Ramp Crossings and make it your coming out party. And the best part yet-- you need not break the bank to be stylish. There is everything for every occasion, personal style, and budget at this happy black hole of a shopping mecca. Black hole for me as I never leave this place without buying anything. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Happy holiday shopping!


THE RAMP Crossings 

Level 2 Shangri-la Plaza Malll
EDSA cor. Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila

Glorietta 3 Level 2
Ayala Center, Makati City

TriNoma Level 1
EDSA corner North Avenue, Q.C.




No comments:

Post a Comment