Monday, November 22, 2010

Swooning for Lanvin Hearts H&M

I wasn't that worked up for this collab as I knew it is somewhat impossible yet again for me to get a piece of it. And it might just be all hype anyway. Stella McCartney, Viktor & Rolf, Jimmy Choo, Matthew Williamson? Remember their rather mediocre collections for the Swede fashion giant? I had a few and they weren't bad but they weren't that great either.

Not until I came across these, that my heart's aflutter for such a brilliant collaboration.

"Everyone's taking high fashion to the high street, I wanted to try to bring the high street back to high fashion." -- Alber Elbaz via style.com

Very well said and very well done Mr. Elbaz.

Yes that's Anna Dello Russo walking down the runway trotting a poodle.

Lanvin and H&M called it a haute couture fashion show. A tuxedo jacket, a dress (any dress for that matter), and the necklaces!! That's my Lanvin + H&M wish list.

I've never quite seen a haute couture collection so wearable, best of all -- attainable! That is if you're ready to go to war as I heard it was armageddon-like when it finally hit stores over the weekend.   

For the rest of us, we can all just watch the mayhem and wait until it reaches ebay. What cha think?


No comments:

Post a Comment