Thursday, September 29, 2011

Surprise Closet Staple Series {Natasha of Schue Love}


Hi There!  I'm Natasha from Schue Love and I am thrilled that Mikka asked me to be with all of you today...talking about one of my surprise staples in my wardrobe.    
The item that may come as a surprise is my DAY Birger et Mikkelsen skirt.  It was given to me by a good friend and no matter what time of year I wear it, I always seem to get compliments on it.  The colors are a big reason why it is so versatile.
Fuschia, neon yellow, grey, turquoise...it all makes this skirt unique and fun to wear year-round.

Fall
For a fall look, I paired the skirt with a turquoise sweater {Target}, grey suede boot {Banana Republic}, and grey handbag {Marc by Marc Jacobs}.  It's a great skirt to wear with boots because of the length!

Winter
For winter, I paired the skirt with a grey top {Stem}, zebra scarf {World Market}, black trench coat {H&M} and black patent leather heels, {Nine West} and grey & gold headband {J. Crew}.  Pretty traditional but the skirt adds a nice pop!

Spring
For the spring look, I wanted to change it up with the mixed patterns.  I love this navy striped top {J. Crew}, paired with a chunky belt {Urban Outfitters}, and chunky platform {Target}.  The necklace is made by the same friend who gave me the skirt and you all know this gold watch {Michael Kors}.

Summer
My last look is one of my favorites.  This neon yellow tank {Target} pulls out the yellow in the skirt.  Paired with this neutral wedges {Steve Madden} and summer hat {Target}...I can easily enjoy summer with this skirt. 
I love being able to wear one item all year long...it can be unexpected depending on the time of year, but always fun!
Thanks again to Mikka for having me today!

xo natasha

10 comments:

  1. Found your blog via Schue Love! I love this closet staples series!
    I'm now following you :)

    fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha strikes again! :)I would have never thought to put these looks into one skirt. Girl you amaze me every day. Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me today Mikka! Such a fun post to put together!! And thanks for the sweet comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love it with the striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All cute looks, especially the last one. I love the big sun hat and yellow tank. What a fun series!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute blog- I love the closet staple idea! so cute! Glad I found you- now I'm a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it, totally understand why its such a staple :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fabulous in every outfit, Natasha! The hat is darling on you. That skirt is a fun staple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it best with the navy striped shirt! :) That skirt is a must have.

    ReplyDelete